Last updated: Friday, June 3rd, 2022
Societal Labs Ltd. ("Societal Labs" or "we" or "our") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
"Personal Information" means information about an identifiable individual, including information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal Information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact details.
This Policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about our customers, and Website users, including:
- To Personal Information, which includes information that you have provided to us or that we collected from other sources.
- To all services provided by Societal Labs and to all channels through which we provide those services, including our Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and Societal Labs.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if the advertising or applications or include links to this Policy.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information collected by third parties on their own websites, even if those sites may be linked from our Website. We are not responsible for the actions or privacy policies of any third party.
We do not knowingly solicit to, and our services are not intended for, persons under 18 years of age (“Minors”), and Minors should not provide us with their Personal Information. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her Minors have provided us with information, the parent or guardian should contact our Data Privacy Officer (provided below) and we will delete the Minors’ information from our files.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In order to comply with applicable laws and to provide you with a better user experience, we may collect and use several types of your Personal Information, including:
- Personal Information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, identification documents, communications, Website use information, and internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Website.
- Profile information including your username, password, preferences, feedback, and how you use our systems and services.
- Communications, including when you communicate with us, or respond to communications from us, via email, chat or calls.
- Local information, such as information about your device’s approximate physical location for purposes such as validating your identity, the prevention, suppression or detection of crime, and to enhance the functionality of a particular service, for example locating a nearby App.
- Device information, such as information about your browser, software applications, IP address, geolocation, security status and other similar device information in order to understand your interests and needs so that we can serve you better.
- Payment information, including sales, purchases, credit cards, e-transfers, and other information about your use of our services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect Personal Information, including through:
- Our Website.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or other method of communication.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners and various search engines, in an effort to comply with applicable laws, including all relevant know-your-client laws.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services (including the email address provided to subscribe to our mailing list), and/or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include Personal Information and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or we receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
- Google Ads (AdWords);
- Facebook; and
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Administer and manage our relationship to you;
- Register you as a new customer or member and establish an account for you;
- Register you to receive services or information through one or more of our websites or online services;
- Verify your identity (as required by law if you reach certain transaction value thresholds) and to comply with legal or regulatory requirements and inquiries;
- Contact you if we determine verification is required;
- Ensure we have accurate and up to date information about you;
- Notify you about changes to our App or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- Fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- Enable us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications/marketing opportunities for the benefit of users;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Website;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Protect you, and our business, against fraudulent actors, behaviours, and transactions and to protect our business against other legal, regulatory, financial, or business risks;
- Carry out any other purpose we may describe when you provide the information; and
- Fulfill any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or that you provide, as described in this Policy:
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Societal Labs’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Societal Labs about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep Personal Information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the Personal Information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- With service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, to advertise on third-party websites to you after you use our Website, for payment processing, and to contact you.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Societal Labs, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer Personal Information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep Personal Information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the Personal Information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your Personal Information in and to a foreign country, from where you are located with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your Personal Information through the laws of the foreign country.
By submitting your Personal Information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our third-party secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND OBJECTION
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes. You have the right to request access to and to correct the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your Personal Information, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Any such communication must be in writing.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the Personal Information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your Personal Information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the reasons why subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email@example.com]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our customer’s or users’ Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
14505 Bannister Road SE
Societal Labs Ltd.
14505 Bannister Road SE
Effective Date: Friday, June 3rd, 2022